RE: Snow and driving which car

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>, Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Snow and driving which car
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 22:27:26 GMT
Oh, yeah.

Drove these things in the snow, ice, sleet and what have you all the time when
I was
a kid. Even later on, I would think nothing
of driving an LBC in snow, considering they
were stock height, stock sprung and ran on
78 or 80 series tires back when.

Later on, when
I began making tuned, lowered applications
with flares, wide wheels/tires, etc., I bought and fixed up a '67 Beetle as a
bad-weather car.

With 60 Series Yoko 008's (even the "R"'s)
my lowered, more stiffly sprung, wide-tired
Spridgets could be a handful in snowy
conditions. The Beetle with oversize 185/15/78's on 6" "white spoke" rims
handled a lot better under these circumstances, with a couple of sand bags
in the front trunk to keep the front end
"down". This car also handled terrifically
in the dry as well, considering it's conversion to KYB gas shocks.

Then we added a Weber DFEV, Allison,
stinger glasspack....and repiped the
heater system for better heat in winter.

Ended up loving the VW as much as the
Spridget! Both "fun" cars. :)

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)