RE: RE: Snow and driving which car

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE: Snow and driving which car
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:57:55 -0500
The recent studies asking the goverenment to label road salt as hazardous are
the ones I refer to.  From what I see here:
http://search.cbc.ca/search?ie=&site=CBC&output=xml_no_dtd&client=CBC&lr=&getfields=description&proxystylesheet=CBC&oe=&searchWeb=cbc&q=road+salt&x=12&y=14
. . . it's been going on for quite a while.

Critters harmed by salt?  I believe that deer come out onto the road to lick it
off the asphalt at some cyclical point in their development.  ( growing
antlers? )  Someone told me that he read that.

If we ban salt, then what happens when you have packed snow on your highways
and you get a sudden thaw?  That'll be greasy too.  And, there'll be pot holes
and water puddles . . .

It may be simpler to do as we do up here.  Pay lots of taxes and let them
continually fix the roads and garages.  :)