Re: connundruMGB

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com> information
Subject: Re: connundruMGB
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 21:09:03 -0500
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ron, go to the big MG shows, the LE's are a dime a dozen. And every
owner thinks theirs is the best. They are a bigger PITA on the MG
circuit than any other model.

On the other hand, if you had a real Brit one, they were not black.
They were some kinda bronze color. Now that would be worth something.

Larry

On Feb 17, 2006, at 8:59 PM, Ron Soave wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/9ewjl
>
> This is something - there probably isn't one like it
> outside of a museum, but how do you value it?
> Potential fuel/hydraulic disasters aside, if you DID
> drive it, it immediately depreciates by 75%; if not,
> it only is what it is.  I have always had a weird love
> of the Ltd Edition MGB (the local Leyland dealer had a
> leftover on the lot when I turned 16, and I had
> delusions that it would actually show up in the
> driveway with a bow on it; I think I got a new horn
> for my Schwinn instead).
>
> Soave

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu