Re: reassembling windscreen

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: reassembling windscreen
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 23:32:49 -0500
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
On Feb 21, 2006, at 4:32 PM, Chris King wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> Attempting to reassemble my windscreen with new glass and gaskets. The
> gasket that goes around the screen seems a bit oversize. Should I pe
> putting the gasket around the screen and assembling the frame
> around it?
> I don't see how it can be done in any other order...

Chris,

The three or four I have assembled were done by doing just what you
described in your question.  Place the gasket on the glass and
assemble the frame around it.  Using some dish-washing liquid to help
slip everything together and a second pair of hands to get everything
in alignment before you put the last of the aluminum frame in place
and tighten the screws.

The first one of these I did a couple of years ago took WAY too long
to do!!!

Good luck!

Kevin