Re: recommended 1275 build

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>,Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: recommended 1275 build
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:36:51 GMT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank's state of tune is excellent for a fast, streetable daily driver with
excellent mid-range torque characteristics and a measurably improved top end
over stock without giving up hardly any thing at the
low end.

Roger Cotting's is more what you would be
looking for (and more $$$$) in a part-time
track machine. With the motor properly built around the (SP)VP3 cam
profile....it
should be less streetable than Frank's
state of tune unless you can go a higher
than normally acceptable static CR by way of alum. head. Otherwise, you'll give
up a bit of the low end, but for fast performance above 2500 and VERY fast
performance from about 3200 right through 7K, depending upon quality of
induction.

Roger should be getting 90+HP to the rear
wheels if my experience with a 1340 properly built around a VP3 is anything to
go by. I had about the same build as he but
with ported/relieved cast iron big valve head running 11.0-1 on a 100+RON mix
of CAM2 and unleaded 93PON premium.

Went like a rat bastard toward the high
end.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)