Long - The BusterCluster please read

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Long - The BusterCluster please read
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 19:53:44 -0700 (PDT)
OK, I just received an email from Larry Daniels
echoing an idea a few of us have had in the works for
a month or so.  Buster's latest offer of generosity
with AH Spares catalogs confirms - it is now time for
the first call to arms for the first and, if we do it
right, the only BUSTERCLUSTER.  As anyone who has paid
attention knows, Buster is the original owner of his
1960 Bugeye, and is in the process of restoring it.
The restoration needs a jumpstart.  In my recent
"winter of hell" moving a business from California, I
had the chance to hang out with Buster a bunch of
times, talk cars and a lot else, break bread (and
wind) with him at his beloved Mexicasa restaurant, and
confirm my suspicions that he's one of the good guys
(I also had the pleasure of meeting Billy Zoom,
another great guy. In addition to sharing the Spridget
addiction, there are many of us who grew up in NY
listening to WLIR and watching Midnight Special who
would have killed to see his iconic Sparkle Jet guitar
hanging in his studio as I did!).  So....it's time for
the Cluster.  Buster's car is at paint right now, his
shop is a good work space with organized tools and
parts, it's ripe for the finishing.  We may even have
help from Moss (quiet Frank) to deliver parts at a
severe discount, if not cost.  Several Midwesterners
and east coasters are up for the trip, we know we can
count on the leftcoasters to support this as well.
This will likely be a few months from now in midsummer
based on schedules, logistics, Buster's paintshop,
etc.  I ask for preliminary commitments now, and, for
argument's sake, let's shoot for July 28th-30th for
the Cluster, with some smaller pre-Clusters prior to
that to ensure we can be at a state where Buster and
Pam can drive the car around the block by the 30th.
Billy Zoom is scheduled to have a pair of little Zooms
arrive around that time, and maybe we can blitzkrieg
his Sprite as well since it isn't likely he'll have a
lot of time this summer after the twins arrive.

Who's in?

Ron Soave