Re: Hi, I'm new

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hi, I'm new
From: Rick Snover <ricksnover@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:49:20 -0700
At 02:02 PM 4/16/2006, Bob wrote:
>... I am not really sure it is registered properly, as the catalogs seem
>to indicate that it might be a 62.  So or openers, how about helping me
>out with it's age and wether the engine might be original or not.
>
>Engine:  9CGDAH23600
>Chassis:  HAN7L30122

According to Terry Horler's "Original Sprite & Midget", that chassis number
would've been build in 1963, possibly in the first half of the year.
(HAN7-26622 was 1963's first Sprite, and HAN7-37735 was the first in 1964.)

The only way I know of to determine whether that engine is the original is
to buy a production records trace from the BMIHT:
http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/archive/certificateapp.html
They send you a pretty nice certificate, for #33 + #2postage.

Good luck,
Rick