Re: 18 MPG????

To: "Bill Miller (LBC's)" <lbcs@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: 18 MPG????
From: "David Riker" <davriker@digitalpath.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:21:50 -0700
Recently there was a "new" MGB on ebay, with the original window sticker
intact.  Do you know what the EPA rating was on the sticker??? Yup, 18 MPG.
With siameze ports, catalytic converter, retarded timing, low compression &
ZS carb, 1:1 final drive 4 speed, the rubber bumper "B" is not an economy
car, although your carb change might have brought some improvement, many
other items in the chain need to be improved before there would be much
improvement in mileage.
David