Re: shipping a car from the UK

To: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shipping a car from the UK
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:06:32 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2006 3:45 PM
Subject: shipping a car from the UK

Spridgeteers:

Anybody have any experience buying an old car in the UK and shipping it
to the U.S.?

Interested in who does it, what it costs, what has to be arranged there,
customs brokerage fees here, clearing it at the docks, etc.

This would not be a car that needs to meet federal emissions and crash
standards.

Thanks.

JohnD

John, I just bought an Austin A60 Pickup from a guy in New Zealand.  It is
being shipped by Wallenius Wilhelmsen www.2wglobal.com I understand this
outfit specializes in shipping cars.

Go to "Customer Centre" and then "Schedules" for shipping dates and ports.
Customs was 2.5% of sale price.

You can look around the site for further info.

It cost me $1400 from Auckland, NZ to Baltimore.

Good luck,

Larry Daniels