Re: Bugeye Group..... BusterCluster

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... BusterCluster
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:16:51 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com ; midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com ;
spridgets@autox.team.net
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:57 PM

Paul Asgeirsson wrote:

> OK, just for refreshers, what are all the things needed to get Buster
> Buggie ready for saddling up?
>
>          Will we need to bring major components along?
>          For that matter, I've lost track of what his car is!

A genUwine original owner 1960 Bugeye/Frogeye Sprite.

>          What motor?  Etc.!

The original 948 with .10 off the head and bored out .20 that was
running fine when it was put away several years ago.  Smoothcase
transmission, although I hope to get a ribcase.

Buster Evans

I have two ribcase trannies -- one that came with my Bugeye which I plan on
replacing with one of Paul A's 5 speeds and another in my 72 Midget that David
and Willie are using for the BABE rally.

I have no idea of the condition of the one that came in my Bugeye as it never
went on the road before the restoration started.  David tells me the one from
the Midget needs work -- on the 2nd gear synchro, if I remember right.  I
never drove that one either before giving it to them for the rally.

Anyhow, I will gladly donate one to the project if somebody can rebuild it
before the cluster starts.  Anybody with the necessary skills want to tackle
that for the cause?  (That is way over my head.)

Speak up and I will ship it to you.

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
72 Midget -- Willy & David's "Team SU" BABE Rally car
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup -- about to make the big swim from New Zealand to the
U.S.

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."