Re: Speedo repair

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo repair
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 17:24:59 -0500
Thanks, Frank.  I never tired working on one of these.  All the bikes
I've restored have required total restoration of their speedos and I
have sent those to Palo Alto Speedometer out in California
<www.paspeedo.com>. This outfit does amazing work and has brought some
very badly damaged speedos back from the dead and into pristine
condition for me.

The speedo on the Midget looks to be in excellent condition insofar as
the face of the instrument is concerned and the trip counter knob
works fine. I suspect it is something in the drive gear inside the
isntrument. I just installed the new speedo cable and verified that it
is working correctly, but the speedo itself is not.

I will look at taking it apart myself first but if it gets too
sticky...  off to Palo Alto it goes!

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City

--