Re: BE throttle cable adjustment

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: BE throttle cable adjustment
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:59:25 -0400
throttle cable adjustment has always been aain in the tush , border line
black art.   when new it wasquite simple.   but over time therearea few
parts / pieceswich are metal to metal conmtact wich get no lubrication wich
resultsin some odd wear at places you'd not expect.  to adjust & compensate
for the wear is first  dealing with both carbs being opened at the same
time.   then the cable gets adjusted aswell as the pedal stop bolt too!
after all that you posess a very crisp equally responsive pair of carbs
with very little free play or slack in the cable.

chuck.
i took my weber off in favor of tricked out SU's.

respect....what does this mean?

> Either you are or you're not. Take off the air cleaners and have someone
push the pedal to the metal. Either the butterflies are fully open or
they're not....."black" or "white", right?? NO?? Why not?