Bugeye Steering Column

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye Steering Column
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 07:51:31 -0500
It is beginning to look like I spend one night in the garage and then have
more questions for the list, hope I am not wearing you all out!

Last night I pulled the steering shaft off of the rack so I could enlarge
the notch in the motor mount which was just touching.  While at it I decided
to go ahead and pull the column and clean it up and check the felts.  When I
put it back the column lined up fine under the dash and through the firewall
but the steering shaft lined up about 1/2 inch high of the rack input shaft.
I was able to push it down and get it back together.  Now having slept on
it, it looks like the rack should be raised to meet the shaft to take the
"bind" off of it or the hole in the firewall needs to be lowered just a bit.
Am I missing something or is this normal?

Thanks Again,

Mark
Nashville
http://www.arrestmered.com