Wire Wheel Rim Band

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire Wheel Rim Band
From: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 21:05:15 -0400
The rim band on wire wheels only covers the spokes in the center of the
wheel. Those spokes (the long ones, I think) aren't covered by the rim
band. As I understand it, the rim band prevents chafing between the inner
tube and the spoke ends. If one set of spokes needs to be covered, why not
the other set too? When guys use tape I believe the cover both. But, from
the factory, I believe the rim band only covered one set of spokes. Why?

Tim Collins
Midland, MI
1966 AH Sprite