Re: Why Engineers Don't Write Recipes (No LBC)

To: "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Why Engineers Don't Write Recipes (No LBC)
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 11:01:44 -0500
On 6/12/06, Larry B. Macy, Ph.D. <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu> wrote:
> 460K is a bit high. 449.8 is closer to where I normal set the oven.
> You would either need to reduce the reaction time at 460K or reduce
> the temp to avoid unnecessary charcoaling of the exterior.

Ah, Larry...  You are, of course, *assuming* standard atmosphere
values of pressure of 1.013 hectopascals (neglecting partial pressures
due to amount of water vapor or other trace gases) and therefore zero
elevation in meters. However, what is the elevation of your oven?!

This whole recipe needs to be modified on a sliding scale for oven
height above sea level, ambient airpressure, and thier impact on
requisite baking temperature...    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget using Physics in Dodge City