Re: Why Engineers Don't Write Recipes (No LBC)

To: "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Why Engineers Don't Write Recipes (No LBC)
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <pasgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:43:15 -0700
 Yes, I saw that, but you would never use that amount of refined gluten in a
cookie recipe.

The engineer, clearly not a baking guy, was just being a bit funny!  Gluten
is a part of flour, not all of it.

In high school, I used to work in a food factory where they made gluten
steaks, a high protein item for non meat eaters.  They even concentrated the
gluten from a high gluten flour by a water washing process.  The resulting
mass was suitable for paving blocks!  That stuff, you would NEVER use in a
recipe for cookies!

Cookies are supposed to be delicious, not malicious made by a funning
engineer!

Paul A