Re: Question: back axle stability

To: "de Brebisson, Cyrille (Calculator Division)" <cyrille@hp.com>
Subject: Re: Question: back axle stability
From: "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 11:17:53 -0400
Cyrille

Not sure if this is what you are "feeling" or not, but if the rubber
pads that are between the axle and the rear springs are weak, the
axle will move. This is usually seen as a bit of rear steer on
acceleration or braking. Quick fix is to just clamp down the U-Bolts
to compress that pad. i.e. tighten the axle to spring connection. You
can get new pads, but they will do the same thing after a while.

Larry

--

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

"I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've
never actually known what the question is." - Douglas Adams

believed to be clean.