Re: New cam timing

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: New cam timing
From: "John D. Caffrey" <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:55:41 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Joe,
During a trial assembly you would place modeling clay on top of the
piston, install the top end and adjust valves, and turn the engine
through several revolutions. Then when you remove the head you can
slice through the impression left in the clay with an exacto knife to
measure the compressed thickness. Go slow while turning over the
engine, and if you feel any resistance, stop and investigate to prevent
damage to pistons or valve train.
John
Fogelsville, PA