Re: New cam timing

To: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: New cam timing
From: John Caffrey <jdc6@lehigh.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:42:32 -0400
Joe,
You didn't mention where your cam is timed, but a couple degrees
advanced or retarded makes a difference in the P/V clearance. Lots of
guys have installed cams without all of the checking but I wouldn't take
the chance, as the risk far outweighs the time savings. In my case it's
always the things I was aware of but tried to shortcut that caused the
biggest headaches.
John