Re: Re[2]: Not LBC related sound file grownups can't hear but

To: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>, Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com>,
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Not LBC related sound file grownups can't hear but
From: "CHRIS KOTTING" <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 06:15:28 -0600
Hey Hopper, the sound engineer who set up the Ramones may have taken a hit
lots worse than you did.  As someone else pointed out, the stuff you hear at
a concert isn't high enough frequency to do (much) damage.

However, all it takes is one instance of feedback accidentally fed through
headphones to do damage.

I was tested the following week and permanent high end loss was determined.

This incident led immediately to a new band rule: Whoever touches the board
while I'm not looking has his/her hands chopped off.

Chris K.

On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 19:53:57 -0700 (PDT), Ron Soave wrote
> --- Bill L <pythias@pacifier.com> wrote:
> >           these tones... NO musical instrument will
> > make them.. UNLESS
> >           you were parked in front of a BIG
> > amplifier that was FILLED
>
> I've seen the Ramones many times, but once it was in a
> room that was maybe 50 square feet larger than the
> living room in my house.  The sound pressure felt like
> it was moving my chest cavity (but then the Ramones
> pretty much always did that), I can only imagine what
> my ears were doing.  If it didn't damage my hearing
> forever, nothing will.
>
> Whassat?
> 'hopper

Multiple Sclerosis 150 Mile "Pedal to the Point"
(Yes, 150 miles on a bicycle. No, I'm not a masochist.)
Sponsor Me! ->  http://tinyurl.com/f48lg