Re: can't get clutch pressure after installing new slave

To: John Gottstein <gottstein@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: can't get clutch pressure after installing new slave
From: Chris K <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 20:13:19 -0400
John -

The 1500 clutch hydraulics are notorious for this.  You'll go mad
working a abubble back and forth through the line.  Some things I've
seen suggested:

Open the bleeder valve wide and kick the snot out of the pedal about 9
times.  Refill and repeat a few times, then bleed normally.
Use MityVac, Easibleed, or other tool that keeps a continuous pull/push
on the fluid.

Personally, I've had success with the first method.  The folks who have
suggested checking the linkages for play were also right on.  The clevis
pin at the pedal is a common source of play, as is ovalling of the hole
in the pedal or pushrod.

Chris K.