Re: Finally, we meet...

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Finally, we meet...
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:13:57 -0400
C'mon Dave!  Everybody knows Brazil is a shady country...and it rains
more there than in the UK.

Ever seen Brits come home from Ibiza?  Now THERE'S sunburn!

Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 13:37:25 -0500

From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>

Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: Finally, we meet...

> Water won't prevent UVA/UVB radiation from the sun burning your skin.

Try reading for comprehension, Daniel.

"Also very helpful on those long sunny drives to keep skin temps down to

minimize  burning."

I did not say that it would prevent it, did I? Nor did I say that water
was

a magic bullet. What I said was that spraying water (or many other forms
of

cooling agents) can help lower the temperature of your skin. This WILL
help

minimize burning. I grew up in an equatorial climate, nothing at all
like

England, and I DO have firsthand experience in this. I am not claiming
that

it ranks up there with sunscreen, but it does make a difference.