Re: Oil Sump gasket

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Sump gasket
From: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:50:19 -0400
Joe,

A transverse engine ala Mini, doesn't have a "pan"; it has a transmission.

You could certainly cut your own pan gaskets. The material is probably a
god 1/16" and you will need an appropriate punch for the sump bolt
holes. You will also need gasket material for the front and rear sump
seals. If you still have the old ones, you can use them as a rough guide
for dimensions.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/