Tuning a 1500 Midget (1975 with 150 ZS CD carb)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Tuning a 1500 Midget (1975 with 150 ZS CD carb)
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 15:59:23 -0400 (EDT)
Hi again,

Lacking a CO analyzer, I've been going by the color of the spark plugs.  Black
sooty plugs and only getting 22 mpg (US gallon).

Then I accidentally disconnected the hose from the carb that T-bones the hose
from the charcoal canister to the valve cover.  The car ran noticeably better
(felt like it revved more freely) and the plugs went to a nice light brown
color.

Obviously, I canbt leave it like that b grit getting into the carb and valve
cover.
Any thoughts?

Regards,  Adrian