Re: Tuning a 1500 Midget (1975 with 150 ZS CD carb)

To: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Tuning a 1500 Midget (1975 with 150 ZS CD carb)
From: "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 23:19:27 -0400
Adrian,

Yea, put a PCV valve on it, vent to atmosphere and disconnect the
rest of the crap. My vent is like the older MGB ones, a rubber hose
that
drops down the side of the block and has nothing on it. just a
hose. And get
rid of that POS ZS carb. Get a Weber, or dual 1 1/2
SU's. It will cost over
$300 to rebuild that ZS and you can get a DGV
for just a bit more, get a
Pierce manifold to go with it. Trust me
you will be happier. I am getting
30+ mpg on a DGV with a 276 cam and
9:1 pistons. Great street car, not a
racer tho.

Larry

On Jun 24, 2006, at 3:59 PM, Adrian Jones wrote:

> Hi
again,

> Lacking a CO analyzer, I've been going by the color of the spark
> plugs.  Black sooty plugs and only getting 22 mpg (US gallon).
>
> Then I
accidentally disconnected the hose from the carb that T-
> bones the hose
from the charcoal canister to the valve cover.  The
> car ran noticeably
better (felt like it revved more freely) and the
> plugs went to a nice
light brown color.

> Obviously, I canbt leave it like that b grit getting
into the

--
Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu

"I think the problem, to
be quite honest with you, is that you've
never actually known what the
question is." - Douglas Adams

--
This message has been scanned for viruses
and