Re: FI Cleaner

To: ladaniels@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: FI Cleaner
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:36:27 -0500
I had a friend with an Infiniti J30.  He thought it was a good idea to
run fuel injector cleaner through the car every oil change (3k miles).  I
told him he was wasting his money.  He didn't listen to me.

Not long after he had to replace his fuel injectors at a significant
expense.  After that I was sitting in his car waiting for him one day and
began thumbing through the owners manual.  He specifically said not to
use fuel injector cleaners in the fuel or it would cause damage!

Lessons learned:

1)  Read the owners manual.
2)  Don't accept usage intervals from the people trying to sell you the
stuff.

-- David