Re: Evacuated

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Evacuated
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:48:13 -0400
Head up hill!  I suggest Pottsville.  There's a brewery there.

(Got my fingers crossed for you.  Stay in touch!)

--JohnD

Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 23:25:56 -0400

From: "Robert A. Valentine" <robert@valentinephoto.net>

Subject: Evacuated

Hey All,

I'm at Rob's in Tuscarora.  I'll be using his email for a few days.

Anyone who needs to contact me please use his address.

robert@valentinephoto.net

The floods are here.  Most of the low lying areas of Tamaqua has been

evacuated to higher ground.  For those of you who know the area, the

Schuylkill River runs right thru the center of town.  Broad Street is

under 2 feet of water and it is steadily rising.  My house is safe

(for now) but there are engineers at the flood control damn (a couple

of miles upstream), who are warning that the damn may be compromised

(as in letting loose).  If that happens, most of Tamaqua will be in

Philadelphia (90 miles downstream) by morning.

Again - We are safe at Rob's house in Tuscarora.

More as it is available....  Wish us luck!

Kevin V.