Re: Before I go back into "lurk mode":

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Before I go back into "lurk mode":
From: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:55:08 -0400
Ron Soave wrote:

>--- Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>>Imagine it was 1962, no cell phones, only a very few
>>had AAA, pay phones
>>were miles away.
>>

>1962??? Imagine it's last Thursday, perfect crisp Fall
>evening, you button up your race car a week+ early;
>it's 12:30 AM, so naturally you (spur of the moment)
>go out in the middle of the country to test drive your
>street Bugeye that's been acting up. Because you
>collect a paycheck for making good decisions all day,
>on your OWN time you crave mindless stupidity, and
>don't bring a cell phone or even your wallet. Your car
>dies, you jog home 2 miles and wake your beautiful
>wife to have her drive your truck while you sit
>sheepishly in your Sprite attached by a tow rope...

And the tow rope breaks as the tow vehicle crests a hill and "thinking"
what is there to lose?" you pass her, give her a wave, as you continue
down the hill with enough momentum to cruise into your driveway, up to
the garage. Two minutes later, the missus arrives, you sitting in the
garage sheepishly sipping a beer.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/ <http://home.ix.netcom.com/%7Etype79/>

"Why can't I be different and unusual...like everybody else?" Vivian
Stanshall