Re: Spridget powered super 7 project

To: "Jacques Le Clainche" <hobbycars@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Spridget powered super 7 project
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:49:04 -0700
Hi Jacques,

Just got back from a fruitful little trip, got a Datsun A12 shortblock all
race prepped and ready to install, where a friend had just picked up his
winter project.  It's a Sabre 7 kit version of the Lotus 7.  Has a 2L Ford
pinto engine which will be exchanged for a 215CI Aluminum Rover V-8 this
winter.

Car is very nice looking and allegedly has some race history.  Clamshell
fenders, square tubing frame with a Mustang 2 type front suspension.

Is this a common kit car, something that is only a "Few off" type car or
sort of an unknown ticket?  Car runs very well, handles nicely, and clearly
has had a lot of wonderful care.

His last winter project was my 5 speed in his immaculate 1275 Bugeye and the
Moss bolt on Supercvharger kit.  He now is having more fun with it than
might be legal!  Loves the supercharger.  He says it's a simple bolt on,
start it up and drive it!  All it takes is money!

Later, Paul A