Re: Calling all experts...none healey..need help

To: Jerry Goodman <jerry.goodman@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Calling all experts...none healey..need help
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:09:24 -0700
Jerry Goodman wrote: "What is the safest, best, way to get the value of
this collection??"

Go to your local coin shop, Borders, or Barnes & Noble, and pick up a
copy of "Coin World".  They publish coin values, as well as advertising
by dealers that will list the values for hundreds of the coins they
offer.  Remember, these are the prices they sell for, not for what they
by.  In any event, to get a value for the entire collection, you will
have to do an inventory of all you hold.  There is a vast difference
between a 1916 dime and a 1916 dime minted in Denver.  It was a daunting
task for me when I was a kid with pencil and paper, but not so bad with
a computer today.

Buster Evans