Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....(BUT)!!!!!! -- Now

To: KrkLH@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: I know, it's only rock and roll....(BUT)!!!!!! -- Now
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 00:13:15 -0700
>Which model do you have?   I heard that the very very very early
>ones had some gear box shiftting issues that were later worked out.

    The best one of course, VEGAS   and yes, the early bikes did have
gearbox problem 99 through 01 maybe 02 models, since then no more problems.

>How is the long term reliability?   I have oft thought that a
>Victory would be a great choice when I am at the point that]

  I can't about long term reliability, I only have 12,000 miles on
mine. Had a fuel pump problem the first week and no problems since
then but as I said with that low miles I can't say anything about
long term.  Others in the club have many more thousands with no problems.

>Also, I just jumped over to the Victory Polaris web site and saw
>that they make a touring model called the Kingpin Touring
>model.     Maybe it does not have some of the "annemities" that are
>on the Ultra Classic?

   If you can live with those ugly fenders on the Kingpin, its a good
bike.  What they call the touring model however is just a bike with
small saddlebags, its not a tourer  like their first models were and
like Vic diehards hope comes out next year.

         mike

Mike Rambour
Bug Writer err...Programmer
       mikey@b2systems.com
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/