RE: Ebay Sprite 140066255501

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Ebay Sprite 140066255501
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:50:43 -0800
On 12/21/2006 10:53:10 AM, Wm. Severin
>> When you say "bought over the internet"... what do you mean?
>> Was it an Ebay transaction?
I have just had a triple bypass and I am on Social Security. I wanted a
car I could use as a daily driver.
You can still check his eBay ad at item number 190047961111
His description states that the vehicle is "Restored", I called and
asked him some questions as to condition of specific parts. Based on
his response I said I would exercise the "Buy it Now" option.
He wanted a Wire transfer as there was a transporter leaving St. Louis
the next afternoon.
Like the dummy I am, I completed the transaction, not realizing that we
were now"off Ebay" (I didn't know better then!). The vehicle did leave
St. Louis the next day.
It arrived, soaking wet inside, and covered with fine grit and gravel
on the outside.
The transporter driver said they had pushed it onto his rig at St.
Louis..
I had to get it towed to my house as it would not run.
I sent him a registered letter detailing the short-comings and faults I
found in the first day of checking it out, and asking for an adjustment
in purchase price.
I  have a couple of witnesses from the local car club who checked it
out and can confirm the major problems with this car,
So far, he has ignored my letters.
I now have an expensive POS in my garage.
And an elevated stress level...

Dave G.