Re: Ebay Sprite 140066255501

To: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>, "spridget List"
Subject: Re: Ebay Sprite 140066255501
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:01:34 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
To: <wsthompson@thicko.com>; "spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 1:50 PM

On 12/21/2006 10:53:10 AM, Wm. Severin
>> When you say "bought over the internet"... what do you mean?
>> Was it an Ebay transaction?
I have just had a triple bypass and I am on Social Security. I wanted a
car I could use as a daily driver.
You can still check his eBay ad at item number 190047961111
His description states that the vehicle is "Restored", I called and
asked him some questions as to condition of specific parts. Based on
his response I said I would exercise the "Buy it Now" option.
He wanted a Wire transfer as there was a transporter leaving St. Louis
the next afternoon.
Like the dummy I am, I completed the transaction, not realizing that we
were now"off Ebay" (I didn't know better then!).

Dave, could you elaborate on the part about being "off eBay".  What caused
this transaction to no longer be controlled by eBay's rules?

Larry