Re: joke no LBC

To: <b-evans@earthlink.net>, "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: joke no LBC
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:05:06 -0800
Sounds like GENUINE comfort food!

My Dad was a cook on a commercial fishing boat and back then store bread
lasted about 2 days before it started to turn blue.  So he made pumpernickel
bread, the dense European type, but the crew didn't care for the heals.  So
Dad would bring it home, my Mother would melt it down and make a
pumpernickel bread soup, like a gruel, and with raisons plumped up in it and
whipped heavy cream on it, that was real ambrosia!!

Depression days were not totally bad!!

Pa