How to file to fit, cheapo repro rubber.

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: How to file to fit, cheapo repro rubber.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:06:39 -0500
I recieved my cheapo repro rubber Bugeye bonnet seal.
I have a 5/8" wide track and a 3/4" wide rubber seal.
Yes I know a BMFhammer will make it fit but my old seal was 5/8" wide
the exact size of the channel.
Why do they do this? I think I know, it's just to pee me off.
What I would do for the old rubber bits!
All my new firewall grommets which are about a month old now, are shot.
So I glass beaded a bunch of 49 year old grommets and most are in decent
shape. Sure beats the *new* rubber (like) grommets.
So I tried to sand down the rubber seal, not a good idea.
I started cutting it with a razor blade, again, this ain't gonna work well.
What have others done with cheapo wrong size file to fit bits?
And NO I did not get it from Me$$ motors.
I think I am once again mo$$ free on this 58 Sprite.
I just don't know where Peter got the 1 tail lamp from, that may be the
only part that filtered down from the 4 letter word in auto parts.
But the vic $hit rubber is no better than the me$$ stuff.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ