Re: Abrasive blast media

To: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Abrasive blast media
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:57:21 -0600
For home use with low pressure(less than 150PSI) you will probably want 80
grit or so Al oxide.  Glass beads are nice, but unless you have a really
good compressor it will take forever to clean anything up with them.  I have
a counter top blast cabinet from Homier(same as HF but cheaper) and a 60 gal
IR compressor.  With glass beads anything bigger than 8X8X8 will take
forever.  I don't think soda is a viable option in a cheap, home blast
cabinet.

HF sells glass beads and Al oxide blast media.  DO NOT use regular sand.  Do
a search on silicosis if you want to know why.
Cheers,
Derf