Re: FW: Abrasive blast media

To: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Subject: Re: FW: Abrasive blast media
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 15:47:19 -0600
On 2/3/07, Phil Nase sez:
<snips>
> If the wheels you are cleaning are bad you may want to take it
> to a shop that has a blaster with a BIG nozzle.  Probably cheaper in the
> long run when you consider equipment wear and electric.
<snip>

Phil has hit the nail on the head here as far as I am concerned. I
just finished redoing all of my wire wheels. I had them bead blasted
by a local machine shop at a cost of $12 each. This shop has also done
tons of antique morotcycle parts for me. When they do heads or engine
casings for me, (valves etc) they often bead blast the parts for me as
part of their job - no extra charge. They are used to working on
marine diesel engines so my puny little jobs get thrown in with other
big jobs. It means I sometimes have to wait a week to get my parts
back, but it is still WAY cheaper than buying a $2,500 blast setup
(cabinet, compressor, media, and vacuum!).

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City