Sprite stuff, no cats, planes, guns, etc.

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite stuff, no cats, planes, guns, etc.
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:53:17 -0500
I am just about finished with the 58 Sprite.
All I have left is to install my cherry red seat belts (NOS for 1962)
But I did have to go from really red to more of a burgandy red so they
are drying tonight.
And I have to polish up the cockpit surround and replace my master
cylinder. The 1st one leaks, the 2nd one does not.
I should be able to take it out for it's maiden voyage on Sunday, maybe
Sat afternoon.
Upgrades to the 58 are.....
1275 rebuilt but stock with SUs and stock exhaust.
Datsun 5 speed *smoothcase* ;)
Disc brakes up front
Later brakes in the back
both seats are adjustable
seat belts, no bugeye came with them from the factory.
And a red glove box with interior panels to suit.
No glove box door, just the parcel shelf as in 65 Sprite.
Every part that fit in an oven was powdercoated including each leaf of
the springs and most nuts and bolts which are unique all other nuts and
bolts are new.
AND I think I can call this a "frame off" restoration because the frame
rails rusted OFF. And I replaced them.
I am waiting for 1 part which I forgot to order, an MGB shift boot
because it fits the datsun shifter in an original Sprite shift housing.
Genny is now working OK and so is the tach cable.
New speedo cable from a Toyota fits a Datsun trans and with a little
brass square stock end fits the Sprite speedometer.
I made new improved E brake rods for across the axle, much much better
and 2 clicks of the E brake are all I need.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ