Re: B17 rides

To: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Subject: Re: B17 rides
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:06:18 -0800
>    David Woerpel wrote:  "I had tears in my eyes as I had done some
> checking and my Dad had helped build the plane when he worked at North
> American....

When I was in the Navy, I caught a hop on a Navy R4D (DC-3) from Memphis
to Los Angeles.  When we landed, I intrduced Dad to the pilot, Lcdr Don
Jacka, one helluva officer.  Dad asked him if he could go up in the
cockpit, and scrambled up right away.  When he came back, he had a small
notebook in his hand and he told Jacka the day and date he had worked on
the hydraulics, and the date it left the plant in 1943 back in Oklahoma
City.

Buster Evans