List Tolerance (was Re: Politics vs. Actual LBC Content

To: Jackson Zimmermann <jzimmerm@k12albemarle.org>,
Subject: List Tolerance (was Re: Politics vs. Actual LBC Content
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:51:51 -0800 (PST)
I do not want to start a thread, but I must comment at
the backlash to Jackson's comments (I have not been
keeping up to date lately due to volume, and saw the
thread on his comments well after they were posted).

I love an off topic jaunt as much as the next guy, and
am guilty of starting more than a few. I also love a
good technical discussion as much as the next guy, and
am guilty of starting a few of those as well. I have a
delete key on my keyboard if the discussions go too
far in either direction for my tastes. However, when
someone complains as Jackson did, respect should be
given to that request, or at least civil disagreement
without personal attack. A person should not be hung
out to dry for voicing his wishes. The list has over
1000 members. The recent threads basically were by 1%
of the list membership. It is wrong to think the other
99% necessarily enjoy our indulgences or find them
amusing or insightful. The thing about this list that
makes it great is the diversity, as well as the
acceptance we have for all opinions, including those
that may be less tolerant of such diversions. I don't
like to see anyone bullied off the list. It isn't what
this space is supposed to be about.

Soapbox down,
Ron

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.