Re: List Tolerance (was Re: Politics vs. Actual LBC Content

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: List Tolerance (was Re: Politics vs. Actual LBC Content
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:06:01 -0600
I've been a lister (on and off, some lurking) for about 10 years.  I think
the list would have died long ago if not for some off topic stuff.
Spridgets are the common denominator, but not the be all end all.
I've not noticed any real complaining about the off topic stuff from regular
contributors.  By regular contributors I mean people who post Spridget
questions and answers to Spridget questions.
There are other, moderated boards that might suit those of you who want only
Spridget topics.  It is also a relatively free country.  You can start your
own board, exactly like this one in every detail but one, you can nix the
off topic stuff.  You can hit the delete key.

Another option is to get a hotmail, yahoomail, or gmail account (I use
gmail) and only use it for Spridget list viewing.  Subscribe to the regular
mail, not the digest.  When you want to read just log on and you'll see a
list of topics.  Highlight the off topic posts and delete them all at once.
Then you can read all posts that you want to read.  It will even group the
posts by subject line.  Plus, it will be like your own personal archive(up
to about 3 GIgs).  And, it's FREE.  You can set it up in the time it takes
to type a nasty post about how you hate off topic posts.

Cheers,
Derf