re: no more (lumber)

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: re: no more (lumber)
From: b-evans@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 21:08:06 -0800
>derf wrote:  "It is not possible to find good lumber anymore.

Tell me about it.  I was making reproduction early American furniture in
the 1970's and early 80's.  I went through thousands and thousands of
pine, mostly C-select or #2, a lot of it directly from the mill.  You
could get good wood then, and even "poor" quality had few significant
knots.  Today?  I wouldn't burn the stuff.  I think they threw away the
grading sticks a long time ago.

Where has all the good pine gone?  I know a lot of other woods are going
to (guess) China, but what about the pine?

Buster