Re: List Tolerance (was Re: Politics vs. Actual LBC Content

To: "Billy Zoom" <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Subject: Re: List Tolerance (was Re: Politics vs. Actual LBC Content
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 23:35:32 -0600
On 2/13/07, Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com> wrote:
> On a 176 key piano maybe. Otherwise, it depends on what key you're in.

Hey Billy,

Fill me in here.  I'm just an amateur musician. Here is my reasoning.
I use a chromatic tuner on my pedal steel E9th neck and use what is
called "equal tempered" tuning. As you prolly know I can get the E
major chord three ways on that neck with G# as the third. I tune the
G# ever so slightly flat so that it "sounds" like the standard E triad
the ear expects. As a result an A flat on any other string is ever so
slightly sharp from my G# so they are not "quite" the same note using
meoldic runs up and down the scale. This is a tuning method I learned
from Buddy Emmons and JD Manis books. Where am I going wrong?  Maybe
this is peculiar to the pedal steel??  No way I know of to do this
with my standard guitar or my 5 string banjo...

See how much fun this 59-61 horn stuff can be!!    ;-)

Cheers!!
Jim - in the market for an NOS horn