Re: Sprite boot emblem

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite boot emblem
From: type79@ix.netcom.com
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 10:44:11 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
To clarify this email, you can check the Archives as far back as they go and
find that I have never referenced Horler. I have respect for the quality of
Horler's work but I don't consider it the "bible" that many have made it.

When I make reference to printed materials they are either period factory
publications or period photos.

Horler has other mistakes in his book as well.

It just gets my hair up when originality is discussed on this list because
generally speaking concours accuracy, and even originality in general, is not
an area embraced and appreciated by most members of this list and this is
hardly a forum for concours points to be tossed around in a loose manner.

And to reiterate an earlier statement of mine, if you don't have an interest in
originality that's okay, but if you're going to argue it, be sure of your
statements and be ready to substantiate them. Tainting the waters by saying
something is correct when you don't have proof doesn't do any good for the
historical aspect of the marque that many people appreciate and have worked
very hard to preserve.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/