Re: Can you believe this??

To: "Ron Soave" <soavero@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Can you believe this??
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:52:35 -0600
How coincidental.  I just spent a bit of time over the last several days
studying up on octane boosters.  The reason being that WST and I are soon
going to build a 1275 for my Bugeye project.  I picked up an alloy head for
it and would like to build it to maximum CR for pump gas.  In case we go too
far, I wanted to see what options are available to make it run w/o a death
rattle.

That being said, I also understand that these alloy heads are not ported
optimumly.  So, who does a good (great) job of porting alloy heads for
1275's?  What is the max CR you guys have found to run alloy heads on pump
gas w/o retarding to the point of being a joke?

TIA,

LAD

P.S.  I never got caught cheating when I raced in SCCA.  Obviously, that
means I never cheated.  Right?