Now drill batteries

To: "'Brashear, Jack, N'" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>, "'Healey
Subject: Now drill batteries
From: Dave Carpenter <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 22:03:55 -0500
I have a Ryobi that's about 10 years old. Great drill, use it all the
time. The battery packs are as mentioned before, a pain. They changed
them and mine are obsolete. Guess what gang, take 'em apart and rebuild
'em. They consist of  8 C cell ni-cads wired in series for 12 volts
total. (Quantity or size for your drill may vary depending on voltage
rating & manufacturer.) Playing with R/C cars gave us knowledge of
battery packs and how to solder them together, so I figured what the
heck would I loose? a dead drill, no big loss. I went online and ordered
a 24 pack of batteries.  Un-soldered the connector tabs on the old pack,
soldered the new ones in the same configuration and I've been running it
for the last two years, same as usual. Cost was about what one battery
pack would cost.

Dave