Re: RIP Frank Clarici

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RIP Frank Clarici
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 08:49:48 -0500
> I liked it but for 2 things. I am just over 6' tall and the seat would
> not go back far enough for my legs (unlike my Midget, go figure) and  the
> windscreen header was just about my line of sight.

I am just under 6'1" and I am comfortable with the seat, but then
I do not drive with my toenails. Maybe it is your shoes in the way ;-) I do
know several friends of comparable height with the same complaint about
legroom, however. It isn't as roomy as the Midget inside.

I also agree about that header bar!!! If and when I get one, I will be
removing those useless sun visors (someone makes a cute little logo button
that screws on in its place, so we aren't lonely there, either) and chopping
some foam out of the seat while I am in there installing the bun warmers.

See, there are things you can do to a Yada besides pretend that you can tell
the difference in 1/2psi of tire inflation. Changing the clutch is kinda fun
and so is the timing belt. Of course, I do seem to recall a rather heated
discussion about nitrogen vs air on this List, so be careful which stones
you throw...

I will also tell you that my local Miata club (www.windycitymiataclub.com)
does a LOT more driving by a LOT more people than the local MG club, even
though they have about the same number of members. A lot more people show up
at their autocrosses, too. They also have a group of people who pitch in to
help if someone needs to fix their car, a lot like OSHIT does. Don't sell
them short; at the last monthly meeting, after the 50/50 raffle, they tried
to raffle off a free oil change from one of the better dealers (yeah, there
are still Miata dealers around) in town. After the first five "winners"
turned it down because they change their own oil, thank you very much, they
finally resorted to giving it to the first person who raised his hand to
indicate that he DID want it (about three hands in a crowd of 70 people or
so).

Yes, we do have the ones with the gauge faces and the rearview camera in the
keyhole for the boot, but we have plenty of those in the MG club, too.
David Lieb