Re: RIP Frank Clarici

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: RIP Frank Clarici
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:53:29 -0500
> I can tell you from experience with a '94 Ranger --- Once you replace
> all the factory parts with quality aftermarket parts, it is virtually
> trouble-free.  Mine is 13 years old, has over 110,000 miles (30,000
> on the engine), still looks great, and is now very dependable--
> because there are no Ford factory parts left in it.  Unfortunately,
> yours is at the age where it's time to start replacing all those parts.

That is interesting, Nory. My 1995 Ford Escort Wagon LX lasted
me seven years and 180,000 miles with very little trouble at all. One
exhaust, one ignition switch, brakes, spark plug wires and plugs,
some tires, oil, gasoline, that was about it.

Then I gave it to my daughter, and it soon needed its first clutch
replacement. I changed the clutch slave cylinder a few months ago,
too. All in all, very little trouble from the factory parts. I think it
is pushing 230,000 miles these days. Yes, I bought it new.

I also bought my 1987 Plymouth Duster 2.2 new. I finally parked
it after 8 years when the original clutch started to go. It had
235,000 miles on it. During that time, I had replaced the clutch cable,
the sensor it used for points a couple times, the exhaust a couple times,
the 3-4 shifter fork, the battery several times (Mopar batteries, at
least then, stunk), plugs, oil, and gasoline. I guess I can't drive like
Frank.
David Lieb