[Spridgets] Confusing MM Calendar

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Confusing MM Calendar
From: "r moses" <sprite58@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 16:18:20 -0500
Didn't see this come up on the Spridget list.  Sorry, if it has been posted
twice.

Read this event announcement at Moss Motors last night.  He mentions he
enjoyed himself at ....
(I remember attending the 1988 Sprite 30th Anniversary in Carlisle, PA. I
had a blast even though I didnt even bring a car!) ..... the 30th AH Sprite
Anniversary in Carlisle called SPRITE FEST '88.

It was our SPRITE Newsletter's first event.  Here was/is our progression of
those every 5 year Meets:  SpriteFest 88, SpriteBash 93,  SpriteRush 98,
SpriteSpree 03... & soon Sprite Jubilee 08.   I am sure there will be a
SpriteGasm in 2013, '18 and '23 Lord willing and if my health holds out.

At MM he was hoping somebody would put together a Sprite Meet like the ones
we have done BUT some place near to his location of the country.  FEAR NOT!
There is a Meet scheduled in June of 2008 in mid-USA in MO. Maybe it is
closer to his home than Pennsylvania.  It should be a great gathering from
what I have heard and seen.  Go to www.sprite-midgetclub.org for their web
site and information.

Back in 1988 I wanted to have a Sprite anniversary meet that had three
locations at the same time.  One here in the East, Mid-USA and on the West
Coast.   At that time there was nobody, to take the "BULL-BY-THE-HORNS," to
be responsible for the other two locations and to help coordinate that
venture.

Sprite Jubilee 2008's web site is www.spritejubilee.org.  It is being built
now.

Here is the promotional information about our latest gathering SPRITE
Newsletter's Sprite Jubilee 2008.  You may have already read this but here
it is.

If you need any more information about SJ08 you may contact me personally
toll free nation-wide at 877-748-3165 (8SPRITE1MK) or my cell 717-379-5752.

Hope this helps with any confusion,
Rick Moses, Organizer SJ08

SPRITE JUBILEE 2008

Plans are well underway for what is likely to be the
biggest-ever gathering of Sprites, at least since they
went out of production in 1970.  The event is the
Sprite Jubilee to celebrate the 50th anniversary of
the Austin-Healey Sprite cars, and it will be held in central
Pennsylvania, near the city of Hershey, May 16-20,
2008.

This event follows the tradition started almost 20
years ago now, when in 1988 we celebrated the Sprites
30th anniversary with Sprite Fest, followed by
Sprite Bash in 1993, Sprite Rush in 1998, and
Sprite Spree in 2003.

According to the Global Austin-Healey Sprite Registry,
of which I am Registrar, this location is within a
short driving distance for literally hundreds and
hundreds of Spridgets.

Additionally, owners of ALL English cars are invited
to Sprite Jubilee 2008.  Special recognition and
awards for all British cars participating will be made
during the meet.

The dates of the event run concurrently with the
Carlisle Import-Kit/Replicar Nationals, which will be
held from Friday May 16th through Sunday May 18th, in
nearby Carlisle, Pennsylvania.

Featured guests for Sprite Jubilee 2008 are John and
Caryl Sprinzel and Gerry and Marian Coker.

Stay tuned for details of this very special event, and
in the meantime you can contact me, Rick Moses, the
organizer, at spritejubilee@hotmail.com and in person at
toll free at 8SPRITE1MK  which is (877)748-3165
during the week, or on my mobile phones on
weekends (717) 379-5752 or (717) 379-5572.  Plan now
to attend this once-in-a-lifetime gathering of an
automotive legend!

Keep smiling,
Rick Moses