Re: [Spridgets] half shaft retainer

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] half shaft retainer
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 10:04:14 -0700 (PDT)
--- Marc <smarc@smarc.net> wrote:

> Is it safe to come out now? ;-)
>
> Without debating the relative merits of various
> fastener types, I'm
> still not clear on the original thing I asked about,
> namely what keeps
> the half shafts in place

As Derf said the wheel lugs ultimately keep it in
place when bolted up. There are screws that hold the
axle to the hub as we've been discussing. In my case,
the screws are neither pozi nor Philips. They are
Allen-head screws made of A286 steel. They came out of
a test article that never was for use on the F-16
Fighting Falcon. THAT is overkill and serious fastener snobbery.

Ron Soave

"Life is just one damn thing after another" - Mark Twain

FareChase.
http://farechase.yahoo.com/